My Y is Every Y
At the Y, we encourage our members to live their healthiest and to utilize our facilities as often as possible. Sometimes it’s more convenient to use a Y in another location when traveling, while at work, or just visiting another region. As a valued YMCA member, you have the flexibility to use other YMCA facilities throughout Virginia at no extra charge. Simply present your YMCA membership card and photo ID at participating Virginia YMCAs and enjoy complimentary access.
Membership Reciprocity Program
- The YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program is valid for YMCA members.
- Due to the close proximity of our Y's, YMCA of Portsmouth members cannot use the Reciprocity Program in the YMCA of South Hampton Roads Association.
- Program-only participants may upgrade to a full membership at any time to qualify.
- Visitors to other YMCAs must present a valid membership card and photo ID upon their first visit and complete a visiting member waiver or standard membership application form with liability waiver.
- YMCA members must use their home YMCA association at least 50% of the time.
- Program discounts do not apply.
- Participating YMCAs reserve the right to restrict facility or program access. Other restrictions may also apply.
- The Outer Banks Family YMCA has a policy restriction during the summer season because it is a tourist destination. The Membership Reciprocity Program is ineffective May 1 through September 30 at the Outer Banks Family YMCA location.
As a member of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads, you have access to YMCAs across the state of Virginia at no extra charge through the YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program. Current members can use any YMCA in Virginia at no charge when they show their membership card and photo ID. Some restrictions may apply. Please contact the local YMCA for their specific policy.
Who is eligible to participate in the YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program?
The YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program is for YMCA members only. Program-only participants may upgrade to a YMCA membership at any time to qualify.
Is there a fee associated with participating in the YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program?
No, all YMCA of South Hampton Roads members may participate at no additional charge. The YMCA Reciprocal Membership Program is intended to be an added benefit and convenience for members when visiting other communities. A YMCA membership must be maintained at the YMCA association that you most frequently visit.
How often can I use a YMCA in another location of Virginia?
There is no limit to the number of visits by reciprocal members. However, YMCA members must use their home YMCA at least 50% of the time.
Are there any restrictions on what I can do at another YMCA facility outside of my association?
It is recommended that members check the website of each specific YMCA before visiting.
What do I need to bring to verify that I am a current YMCA member?
You must present your current membership card and a photo ID in order to utilize another YMCA facility. By providing both of these items, the staff at the YMCA you visit will be able to verify your current membership.
When visiting the YMCA of South Hampton Roads:
A YMCA of South Hampton Roads membership is required to receive member pricing on any fee-based programs and services. Visiting members are welcome to participate in group exercise classes.
During the summer vacation season, we welcome YMCA of South Hampton Roads members to visit the Outer Banks Family YMCA. However, because it is a resort destination, the YMCA Recipricol Membership Program is ineffective May 1 through September 30 at this location. Please click here to review the Seasonal Guest Policy at the Outer Banks Family YMCA.
For a list of participating YMCAs, please go to: virginiaymcas.org