Welcome to the YMCA of South Hampton Roads. We hope your visit is enjoyable. Please remember that our first priority is to serve our members who have made a commitment to the Y by joining. The purpose behind our guest policy is to enhance member service to current members who are encouraging a friend to join and make reasonable accommodations for members of other YMCAs traveling in our area, for out-of-town family of current members and for out-of-town visitors. As a member of the YMCA, access is granted to all Virginia YMCAs (with some restrictions) thanks to the My Y is Every Y Membership Reciprocity Program.
All YMCA of South Hampton Roads centers are part of one association; therefore, a visit to one location counts as a visit to all centers.
The Outer Banks Family YMCA has a unique guest policy from May 1 - September 30.
- One complimentary visit per year
- Second visit $5.00 per person
- Third visit $10.00 per person (no more than 3 visits per year)
- Must be accompanied by a member
- A member may bring a maximum of five guests per visit. Call in advance if you would like to discuss an exception.
- Guests may visit up to 7 days per calendar year
- Must live 50 miles outside of our service area and not a current YMCA member (see AWAY and Reciprocity Program)
My Y is Every Y Reciprocity Program
As a member of the YMCA, access is granted to all Virginia YMCAs (with some restrictions) thanks to the My Y is Every Y Membership Reciprocity Program.
YMCA AWAY Program
When you join a Y, you become part of a national movement of 18.1 million members in more than 2,400 YMCAs. Because each Y is autonomous, not-for-profit, and not a franchise, local YMCA policies vary on the use of equipment, facilities, services and programs by visiting members from out-of-town or from nearby YMCAs. If you plan to visit another Y, it is a good idea to call that location about visiting member policies.
As part of the AWAY program:
- First week of usage is free of charge (first day of usage triggers one-week period, remaining six days must be concurrent)
- Second week of concurrent usage is half the guest fee ($2.50) per visit
- Third or more week(s) of concurrent usage is $5.00 per visit
- AWAY members are considered 100 miles outside of our service area
- The Outer Banks Family YMCA does not participate in the AWAY program May 1-September 30.
- If you plan to visit another YMCA, it is a good idea to call that Y about visiting member policies.
The Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA and YMCA of Portsmouth are not part of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads, which serves coastal Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. Please visit their websites for more information about their guest policies.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our Y. Make the most of your visit and ask Member Services for a tour of the facility. Our staff can also provide you with information about becoming a member and the programs available. We look forward to having you as a member of our family.
* The Outer Banks Family YMCA Usage Policies
- Out-of-Town Guests
- $15 daily use or
- 10-day Flex Pass ($75 Individual/$95 Family)
* AWAY Members: The Outer Banks Family YMCA does not participate in the AWAY program May 1 - September 30. By order of the Town of Nags Head, our conditional use permit prohibits the sale of day passes to the outdoor pool, except for guests of YMCA Members. Click here for additional information about Outer Banks Family YMCA guest pass guidelines.